Jiří Šimeček has been practicing law in the Czech Republic since 1997, having previously studied in Prague, Paris, The Hague and New York. As a long-time associate of a major international law firm in Prague and Paris, he has specialized in various aspects of law including privatization, private equity, real estate and project financing.
Since establishment of Schoultz & Partners, Jiří Šimeček has been involved in a number of deals for both Czech and foreign investors in the CEE region. Jiří Šimeček has extensive experience in the drafting and negotiation of acquisition agreements for both asset and share (SPV) deals, bank financing documentation, shareholder loans, joint venture arrangements and shareholder agreements, as well as the management of the whole process through to the successful closing of the transaction.
In his current practice Jiří Šimeček focuses on real estate transactions, financing and corporate agenda. As a part of real estate transactions Jiří Šimeček represents clients in purchase and sale of real estate, whether in a form of purchase of assets or in a form of transfer of shares in companies. Jiří Šimeček leads Schoultz & Partners teams which conduct legal due diligence on real estate and on corporations, he prepares and negotiates contractual documentation with counterparties, including banks financing these transactions, and ensures settlement of transactions.
Jiří Šimeček represents clients in leasing of office and retail premises, both on the side of landlords and on the side of tenants. Jiří Šimeček prepares lease agreements and related documentation, negotiates these agreements with counterparties and provides further legal support with leasing of real estate.
Jiří Šimeček also provides legal support in the implementation of residential projects from the design phase, obtaining zoning and urban planning permits phase, through financing to sales. Jiří Šimeček manages sales and purchases of residential properties. Jiří Šimeček also provides related consultancy services in the field of construction law, contractual law and business corporations law.
As a part of his legal practice in the field of financing, Jiří Šimeček represents both financing banks and bank clients in connection with the provision of loans, especially in the area of financing of purchases and sales of corporations and project financing. Jiří Šimeček prepares loan documentation for banks, he leads negotiation of loan documentation with clients, concludes transactions and arranges perfection of security. Jiří Šimeček negotiates for clients terms and conditions of loan documentation and provides legal support to clients in drawing down loan funds. Jiří Šimeček provides legal opinions, analyses and other advice required in connection with financial transactions.
As a part of corporate practice, Jiří Šimeček represents clients in negotiation of shareholder agreements, joint venture contracts, transfers of shares and restructuring. Jiří Šimeček represents shareholders at general meetings including their bodies. He also represents clients in insolvency proceedings.Projects in which Jiří Šimeček has participated include:
- Sale of real estate owned by Cinema City in the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- Representing Isle of Man investors in financing vineyards in China and Romania
- Representing RSJ Investments in connection with Děčín Brewery
- Advising GE Real Estate and Avestus Capital Partners on the sale of Mall of Sofia in Sofia, Bulgaria
- Legal advice on office and retail space leasing in the Oregon House in Prague
- Representing an Irish investor in acquiring an ownership interest in Korunní dvůr in Prague
- Legal advisory services for leasing of office and retail space in Explora Business Centre in Prague for the company Golden Star
- Representing an investor from the Isle of Man on a capital investment in Estonian company Big Data Scoring
- Legal advisor to Avestus Capital Partners on the sale of Jurys Inn Prague hotel (newly Hotel Botanique Prague)
- Representing Cinema City in financing provided by Santander bank to the real estate portfolio in Poland, the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- Legal advisor to Avestus Real Estate in connection with the sale of the Explora Business Centre in Nové Butovice, Prague
- Development, financing and sales of Modřanský háj and Modřany Villas projects in Prague
- Representing Avestus Capital Partners in the sale of shares in shopping centers in Most and Chomutov
- Counsel to Raiffeisenbank a.s. in connection with financing of several commercial and residential projects in Prague and other cities in the Czech Republic
- Representation of a group of investors in connection with acquisition and completion of a 3.4 MWp photovoltaic power plant in southern Moravia
Rostislav Šustek has been practising law in the Czech Republic since 1999, having completed his studies at the Charles University, Faculty of Law, where his focus was on civil law, particularly compensation for damage and civil procedures. Since qualifying, Rostislav Šustek worked for a number of reputable firms in Prague and for the company D.A.S. Rechtsschutz AG, pobočka pro ČR.
Rostislav Šustek has extensive and hands-on experience in the representation of clients before all levels of Czech courts, including the Supreme Administrative Court and the Constitutional Court. He regularly represents clients in disputes with insurance companies, leasing companies, and represents clients on both sides in claims for damages, claims for defects, debt recovery and labour law disputes. He is considered to be one of the leading lawyers specializing in claims for damages, especially under medical law, debt recovery and commercial dispute resolution.Projects in which Rostislav Šustek has participated include:
- Representation of creditors in bankruptcy proceedings – bankruptcy, which was one of the largest bankruptcy proceedings in the Czech Republic; this representation included the performance of the position of creditors on the creditors committee in bankruptcy.
- Representation of defendants – former employees in one of the largest claims by the bank against the employee.
- Comprehensive solution for the management of outstanding insurance premiums for a major Czech insurance company.
- A number of major disputes in the field of claims for damages leading to ground-breaking case law in this area.
Rostislav Šustek has extensive and hands-on experience in the representation of clients before all levels of Czech courts, including the Supreme Administrative Court and the Constitutional Court.